The Slavic Research Group (SRG), founded in 1998 under the ægis of the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ottawa, complements and enhances the work of individual university departments in activities such as research and publication, hosting academic symposia and sponsoring lectures by pre-eminent scholars. Through formal agreements of cooperation, it collaborates with the Russian Academy of Sciences (Institute of World Literature, Moscow; Institute of Russian Literature, St Petersburg; Institute of Ethnology and Ethnography, Moscow); the L.N. Tolstoy Museum (Moscow); the L.N. Tolstoy Museum, (Yasnaya Polyana); the Moscow State Institute of Inter-national Relations; the Polish Academy of Arts & Sciences; the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin (Institute of Polish Language, Institute of Textology and Editorship); the Polish Institute of Arts & Sciences in Canada; and the Serbian and Montenegrin Academies of Arts & Sciences. The SRG works in liaison with several diplomatic embassies in Ottawa in promoting and disseminating knowledge of Slavic culture among the university and non-university public. The activities of the Group, like those of all the Faculty’s research centres, are overseen by Dr Juana Muñoz-Liceras, Associate Dean of Research, Faculty of Arts.
• individual and collaborative research on Slavic cultural and literary context and publication of results;
• organising international symposia and publishing the proceedings;
• instituting a lecture series for academic and local communities on areas of general interest in the Slavic field and occasional publication of such lectures;
• liaison with academic and nonacademic specialists and institutions in Russia and East/Central Europe;
• maintaining a Website on the Group’s activities.
For a list of our publications and activities to date please visit our publications page.
Please address book orders to the mailing address found on the Contact Us page.