1. Come to the Bureau for International Co-operation, International Students Division for your personal orientation session and for the following two items:
2. Check your valid student visa.
3. Remember, that the health insurance is mandatory for all international
4. Go to your faculty and register for your courses. If you are a
graduate student, go and meet with your supervisor as soon as
possible, even before you select your courses.
5. Go to Info-Service, located on the first floor of Tabaret Hall in order
5.1. pay your tuition fees,
5.2. get your student card. Be nice! Your picture for your student identification card will be taken!!
5.3 apply for an e-mail and internet account.
6. Subscribe to the International Students’ listserv.
Note that the International Student Division has put in place a new
listserv which is destined to help international students to stay in touch
with each other as well as with the Office.
To subscribe to the list, send an e-mail to: email@example.com
your message should read: subscribe uointstu-l
Do not include any signature lines.
7. Go to the «Human Resources Development Canada» and apply for a
«Social Insurance Number». It is an important identification card in
Canada. Also, if you have to work at the University, you will need to
have a «Social Insurance Number». The nearest «Canada Employment
Centre» to the University is located at 300 Laurier Avenue West,
level 2, East tower, phone number 990-5100.
When you go there, have with you your passport and your
8. Open a bank account. Remember to bring your passport and
student visa with you.
9. Remember; as an international student you can work on campus.
9./ If you require a bus pass, purchase them at The Pivik located in the University Centre near the Agora. The transit company in Ontario is called «OC Transpo» and its’ phone number is : 741-4390. The transit company in Quebec is called «STO, Société de transport de l’Outaouais» and its’ phone number is : 770-3242.
10. You can obtain your international student identification card at «Travel Cuts» located on 222 Laurier Avenue East, 2nd floor. Phone : 238-8222.
11. Ottawa-Carleton Board of Education, Admissions, 596-8211 extension 8251. 133 Greenbank Road, 3rd floor.
12. Remember that the International Student Office is located at 538 King Edward. Phone number : 562-5820. Fax number : 562-5100. E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org