STIGSA / AÉDÉTI
September 8th, 2015
LIST OF STIGSA/AÉDÉTI REPRESENTATIVES
October 29, 2014
Dear Graduate & Undergraduate Students,
STIGSA & AETTSA are organizing a Halloween Potluck Get Together on Friday, October 31, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM, ARTS 509.
Besides contributing to the communal table with food and drinks, we propose the following activities:
1. A HALLOWEEN-THEMED MENU: orange food, scary food, stuff like that. However, it should still be edible. Please take this only as a suggestion; everybody is free and welcome to bring whatever they can.
2. A HALLOWEEN-THEMED BAKING CONTEST. 2 prizes available!
3. A COSTUME CONTEST. Don’t bring the costumes in a bag, but on yourselves. There will be three prizes for the best ones. Our esteemed professors will act as jurors.
4. A CANDY BAR provided by the two student associations
5. A TALENT SHOW. We are open to any talent: singing, reciting, dancing, patting head and rubbing tummy simultaneously… you name it. Two prizes available!
We need people signing up for Activities 2 & 5 in order to plan the prizes accordingly (otherwise we will stick only to activities 1, 3, and 4). Since it’s Halloween, we assume there will be people wearing costumes, so we are preparing prizes for that anyway.
Please let us know if there are any dietary restrictions. A list will be included in the reminder that will be sent out one week before.
Since it is a joint event and the number of participants is bound to be higher than last time (!), please sign up in advance by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (grad students) and email@example.com (undergrad students). We need your name, activities of choice and any suggestions you may have.
STIGSA / AEDETI
Dear Graduate Students,
The School of Translation and Interpretation Graduate Student Association (STIGSA-AÉDÉTI) needs you!
Before you offer your help and suggestions, here are the things that our association is responsible for:
4. organize (as often as possible, I would say) various social events for our grad students and their families, so that we can get to know each other and strengthen our community. The first event in this series is a Meet and Greet Potluck Dinner that is to place this Tuesday, September 16, between 7 pm and 9:30 pm, in room Arts509.
As you can see, we are super-busy and we certainly need your help. You can commit as much as you want, your schedule permitting. You can get involved in the association for the whole year, for only one semester, or even for one event only. Here is a list of what the association needs at the moment:
7. Event organizers (the sky is the limit as far as the number of people and ideas is concerned).
Please let me know if you want to be part of this by the end of the day on Monday, September 22. Send an email with preferences and suggestions to Raluca Tanasescu: firstname.lastname@example.org and Aimée Valcks: email@example.com.
Thanks a lot for your support in advance!